"Ecotourism is a form of responsible travel in natural areas which contributes to the protection of the environment and welfare of local population.
International Society of ecotourism
It includes the following principles:
- He actively contributes to the protection of the natural and cultural heritage,
- It includes local communities in its planning, its development and its exploitation and contributing to their welfare,
- It offers an interpretation of the natural and cultural heritage,
- He makes it easier for individual travellers as well as tour packages in fragile areas,
- It involves travel in small groups, an ethical commitment against local populations, or even, a contribution to conservation programs and local development.
For the association, ecotourism only works following the Charter of the 7 commitments that implements everyone in its activities.
For more information on ecotourism, click here